IPA offers student members a broad range of benefits including information and education, professional development opportunities, and effective advocacy on issues affecting the profession of pharmacy. The opportunities student members gain from participation in IPA helps prepare them to be successful in whatever area of pharmacy they choose to practice.
IPA student member, Steph Swain, says, "IPA encourages student involvement at all levels and plays a vital role in my professional development by providing me with leadership development and scholarship programs, networking events, and the opportunity to be as involved as I'd like to be in the political process."
Participation in IPA helps students shape the future of pharmacy and develop professionally through:
- Annual Meeting
- Legislative Day
- The Journal of the Iowa Pharmacy Association
- The Newsletter of the Iowa Pharmacy Association
- Access to member-only information through the IPA website
- Student-specific programming and Board reviews at IPA's Annual Educational Expo
- Scholarships through the Drake and Iowa Colleges of Pharmacy
Executive Internship in Association Management
- Pharmacy Student Leadership Conference
- Support for student organizations and student participation in national meetings
- Opportunities to participate on IPA's Board of Trustees
- Participation in the policy analysis and development through committees, task forces, and IPA's House of Delegates
- Professional networking opportunities
- Representation to the state and federal policymakers
- Liaison with the Iowa Legislature, US Congressional delegation, Governor's office, Iowa Board of Pharmacy Examiners, Iowa Department of Human Services, and Iowa Department of Public Health
- Policy development for the profession
IPA Student Membership costs $50 for P1-P4 students, regardless of what year a student joins. To join
IPA online, click here.