Bill Burke Student Leadership Conference
The Bill Burke Student Leadership Conference is an annual program involving up to
30 students from the Drake University College of Pharmacy and the University of
Iowa College of Pharmacy. The Conference aims to:
- instill quality organizational leadership skills
- to increase awareness of issues impacting the profession of pharmacy
- to encourage development of leadership skills and involvement in professional and
- to recognize pharmacy students who have displayed leadership potential
- to improve communication and teamwork skills
The 2013 Bill Burke
Student Leadership Conference will be held in West Des Moines on
February 2-3, 2013. Students are encouraged, but not required, to stay in the hotel provided
throughout the conference. Deadline to apply is December 1, 2012. Room accommodations
and meals during the conference will be provided free of charge for participants.
What Past Participants Have Said About the Conference:
"I had a great
time at the conference. I was definitely taken out of my
comfort zone which is one reason I wanted to attend. I
networked and got to know fellow colleagues who I know I will stay
in touch with in the future."
was very beneficial to me, and I could tell because afterwards, I
wouldn't stop talking about it to anyone that would listen! It
really got the wheels turning and marked the start of my increased
awareness and improvement of myself and my future career."
Click here to view the 2013 flyer.
Click here to complete online application.