JOIN IPA NOW
Join IPA today and take full advantage of the unique benefits and resources that have enabled our members to make Iowa one of the most innovative states to practice in. As a unified association, IPA represents, promotes, and supports all pharmacy professionals and practice settings, giving our members unique opportunities for collaboration and professional development.
See Membership Levels
Engage & EnergizeFind your spark, share your passion, or reinvigorate your fervor for pharmacy by plugging-in. IPA provides a unique opportunity for professional involvement that crosses the full spectrum of pharmacy practice. Membership opens doors to engage in the profession beyond your practice site.
Make the ConnectionsYou’re not alone! Create meaningful connections with colleagues from a diverse array of practice settings. Share experiences and work side-by-side with your pharmacy family to advance the profession in Iowa.
Professional & Practice DevelopmentIPA membership allows you to tap into the wealth of knowledge and experience of the Iowa pharmacy community. Find member-exclusive resources and free or discounted continuing education to help you grow as a professional and positively impact your practice and patients.
One Profession. One Voice.In addition to the personal and professional benefits, membership supports IPA’s work through dues and the collective and diverse experience of Iowa’s pharmacy professionals. Because of your membership, IPA is able to leverage a strong, unified voice for the profession to advance pharmacy practice.
In addition to legislative and regulatory advocacy, IPA proactively seeks collaboration opportunities with provider groups and public health to position our members into key healthcare initiatives. Because of the support of our members, in 2018 IPA was able to:
- Have the Iowa House Oversight Committee convene a hearing exposing PBM abuses with state money
- Bring some relief for drastic CVS/Caremark reimbursement cuts
- Maintain the fair and transparent Medicaid reimbursement formula of AAC plus a survey-based dispensing fee
- Pass legislation to implement statewide protocols and expanded immunizations
- Pass legislation for technician product verification stemming from IPA’s New Practice Model
- Escalate pharmacy issues with Medicaid MCOs and regular meetings with Medicaid stakeholders
- Work with state agencies and organizations to improve patient care through collaboration between pharmacists and other providers
- Provide additional opportunities to conveniently obtain hard-to-find patient safety and law CE
- Integrate pharmacy practice into public health initiatives including addressing the opioid epidemic and behavioral health with more coming