Help Get the PBM Bill to the Governor’s Desk!
IPA's PBM reform bill is at a critical stage, and WE NEED YOUR VOICE to get the bill across the finish line and on the Governor's desk! Does one voice matter? YES. Every email is critical and will amplify IPA's advocacy efforts in advancing the bill.
In both the Senate and House of Representatives, the PBM bill passed unanimously out of committee and is currently waiting to be voted on by the full House and Senate. Legislators need to hear from YOU – the pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and student pharmacists in their district. We are expecting a comprehensive amendment that would protect 340B and strengthen underpayment appeals provisions.
- Please email or call your state senator AND your state representative.
- Share personal experiences with negative PBM practices that have impacted your pharmacy practice and patients.
- Ask for their vote to support PBM legislation (SF 2231/HF 2384) in Iowa!
Click here to identify your legislators. If you work or practice pharmacy in a different district than your home address, please contact the legislators from BOTH your home and work districts.
PBM Bill Details:
- Regulating PBMs does NOT result in increased costs
- Protects patient choice by prohibiting steering and ensuring any willing pharmacy provider has the opportunity to accept the terms and conditions of PBM contracts
- Addresses reimbursement issues – MAC rates, audit procedures, appeal processes, and clawbacks
- Establishes PBM fiduciary responsibility
- Addresses lack of transparency
- Includes patient protections
- Helps rural pharmacies continue to serve their communities
Use these documents to supplement your emails to legislators.