Get LOUD to Push the PBM Bill Through the Senate!
IPA's PBM reform bill is at a critical stage, and WE NEED YOUR VOICE to get the bill through the Senate and on to the Governor's desk! Does one voice matter? YES. Every email is critical in amplifying IPA's advocacy efforts and getting the bill to the finish line.
Last week, the PBM bill passed unanimously out of the House and is currently waiting to be voted on by the Senate. Iowa Senators need to hear from YOU (AGAIN) – the pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and student pharmacists in their district.
- Please email or call your state senator.
- Share personal experiences with negative PBM practices that have impacted your pharmacy practice and patients.
- Ask for their vote to support PBM legislation (SF 2231) in Iowa!
Click here to identify your senator. If you work or practice pharmacy in a different district than your home address, please contact the senators in BOTH your home and work districts.
PBM Bill Details:
- Regulating PBMs does NOT result in increased costs
- Protects patient choice by prohibiting steering and ensuring any willing pharmacy provider has the opportunity to accept the terms and conditions of PBM contracts
- Addresses reimbursement issues – MAC rates, audit procedures, appeal processes, and clawbacks
- Establishes PBM fiduciary responsibility
- Addresses lack of transparency
- Includes patient protections
- Helps rural pharmacies continue to serve their communities
Use these documents to supplement your emails to legislators.